Shamrock V was built in 1930 for Sir Thomas Lipton’s fifth and last America’s Cup challenge. Designed by Nicholson, she was the first British yacht to be built to the new J Class Rule and is the only remaining J to have been built in wood. After launch she was continually upgraded with changes to hull shape and rudder. The rig was also modified to create the most effective racing sail plan but she was no match for the faster US design “Enterprise”.
Clipper ship Harvey was built in Baltimore in 1847. The Harvey, like the early clippers were built with two masts. Clippers were used for a number of purposes, all of which made the most of their speed… Model is full assembled and ready for display.